Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 1st

She who was bored is busy as all get out. I meant to post the evening of March 1st, as it was such a glorious day. We came out of the grey and gloom, to sunshine and more seasonally appropriate temperatures. What struck me on my daily walk was the gift of the arrival of toad trill from across the highway. The toads must be thick in the fields as they seek mates. I was picking up highway trash and treated to the most delightful toad songfest. Later in the evening we heard spring peepers. These are all our many precursors of spring.

The toad song seems to come from the distant treeline.
We keep watching for the deer to come out of the woods in the evening after dinner.
Another sign of spring at Camp Colegate.

This is the view to the back from our bathroom.
I am so taken with the numerous and tall twisted locust branches.
We are not sure, but feel that this happened when the tornado came through here in 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment