Friday, December 17, 2010

Snowy December

Who would have guessed? Weather forecasters predicted a warm winter, and look at us now. The photos I'm sharing from yesterday's xc ski outing reflect three snowfalls within two weeks without much melt off. I was a little concerned to make my first solo outing, as my first trip out last year was disastrous. Last year I was stunned as I fell multiple times and had issues getting back up on my feet in the deep snow. Thank goodness I was skiing with my fitness buddy, Wilma. So I called Marsha and Mike before I headed out yesterday, and carried my cell phone with me. It was nice to know that support was there, but I didn't experience any loss of the balance or skills over the warmer seasons. This year it was not an issue. Maybe all the walking, biking, and kayaking paid off, although I've spent the last few weeks sitting with my crochet projects in hand.

Please enjoy our Winter Wonderland!


I'm holding my poles to the left of the photo of the Hedgerow Trail

Bonfire photographed from back of property

Adirondacks Buried!

Layered Bonfire Area

Cedar Trail near Mediation Area

Kayaks Sleeping in the Snow

Quiet Pond - See the iris seed heads bordering dock?
 
Nature's Animal Shelter
Just heard the weather forecast: we've received hlaf of our usual snowfall for the year.
More snow is predicted for Tuesday, then did I hear her say a White Christmas?

1 comment: