Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just When I Was Bored Out of My Mind

I have consciously embraced winter in order to enjoy these cold, sometimes dreary months, as my retired friends had advised me how long and vexing the winter months can be. I must admit that I did fail this past week, despite lovely snow on the ground. I simply crumped. I had challenged my mind by cooking unique and new meals to add to my repertoire and choosing knitting/crochet patterns that had new stitches or concepts, but to no avail. I felt bored, depressed, and in a funk.

Today I was preparing for a trip to Columbus for a dental procedure, hurray! somewhere to go, something to do, when the dental office called to cancel. I knew I couldn't survive another day of mindless television (although I was listening when Regis announced his retirement), so I made a quick list of things I needed to do, and tackled organizing my garden charts and seeds, and ordering the necessary seeds from my favorite catalogues. As I sat here at my computer, I noticed movement in the front meadow.

I didn't dare open the door to step out on the porch, so I shot between the slats of the plantation shutters at my desk and the panes of glass at the front door. My visitor hung around for a good 40 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment