Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bonfire 2011

Shame on me. I didn't want to deal with a camera - too many years as the photographer and not the mom nor grandma, so I decided to have fun and enjoy myself. It was a hot day, in the low 80's, but warm temps trump rain, so we enjoyed the beauty of the day. Thank goodness my sister's husband and Chris took photos. Annie sent me some of hers, but they don't include everyone. So this year I'll focus on what we did, and next year, I'll have my camera with me.


Henry and Lola loved fishing at the pond.
Where were Paul and Jeremy on Sunday, when Henry caught 17 fish?
What was so cool, was Henry set a goal of 10, then 20, added catch from the day of Bonfire (2) to his catch on Sunday, then did the subtraction from his goals to determine how many fish he needed to catch to reach goal.
It took a lot of worms to hook and extractions from the throats of the fish. Yuck!

Hunter, Paul, and Rob enjoyed the games.
Rob spent some time with Hunter giving LaCrosse tips.
Hey, Rob, Hunter's team won their LaCrosse game last week!

The Dalrymple boys love the shooting range.
Surely, Paul, that is not a bottle of beer I see there?

Auntie Annie always plans and brings a quiet craft for the little ones.
Natalie, Lola, Henry, and Emily enjoyed their crafting time with her.
It's these traditions that make Bonfire so special.

After last year's Bonfire, Bruce was so impressed with the help and focus that Grant offered
that Bruce asked me to find a chef's hat for Grant, to which I added the smaller apron.
Bruce is so impressed with Grant's help with the grilling.
Bruce says he can't cook for that crowd without Grant's assistance.

On Sunday we hiked Caesar's Creek Nature Preserve, some of the inspiration for Camp Colegate.
The hour of peace and discovery was a sweet way to spend the day after Bonfire.
Love the way both of my girls' families love to be out in the woods.
That must be the Hank gene coming out in them.
Next year I'll have my camera, and have a plan for a group photo before we start cooking. Hopefully everyone will cooperate. I'm going to have a step ladder hidden in the brush, and we'll find someone to shoot the group photo. I'm thinking I need a megaphone to get everyone organized. Come to think of it, I sure goofed when I put that dinner bell by the back door. I need it back by the bofire area. I also want to get a photo of each group/family. Someone please help me remember, and see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment