Saturday, April 23, 2011

Still Waiting for Spring to Come

Honestly, this is the most wasted spring we have ever experienced. Rain, rain and more rain, then rain after that. We have stayed busy, thank goodness. I worked in a trip down South to visit the grands, have been finishing up my Wilmington College Lifelong Learning classes, and completed another twig table.  We do really need to get out and get started with spring planting, which won't even happen until May. Unheard of. Seeds would have rotted in the ground, which I'm sure is happening with the vidalia onion sets that I planted.

My twig table was not planned. One of the river birches by the porch had dropped a heavy branch this winter. Bruce had cleaned it up and carried it to the back, and I just hated to see it end up on the burn pile. I had him carry it back to the garage, where it spent the remaining winter. I kept looking at it, trying to figure how much usable wood I could get from it, then decided to build another table. Last week I scoured the woods for the remaining braches that I must have tossed to get them out of the way, then dragged those back. These twig tables are so much fun, as each batch of wood offers unique possibilities.



No comments:

Post a Comment