Thursday, November 4, 2010

Road Trip

Taking a little road trip to visit the Grands. How good to be back in the mountains again. I passed my favorite scenic vistas, but my camera was not where I could reach it. After a lunch break, I placed my camera within reach on the passenger seat. Periodically I'd snap a photo. I was disappointed that my shots were more of the road than anything, but was delighted to find the clarity of detail that was captured. Nothing makes an eight hour trip better than gorgeous scenery. Next time I'll have my camera at hand for the entire trip. There are so many drop dead gorgeous vistas all the way down South.


Love those mountains going into Asheville
Now that I'm not working, I find I have so much more energy on my visits. I stopped in at Julia's for a short visit, take some photos of Anna Kate in her new hat, and ran out for a quick dinner with Julia and her children. At Chris's we were busy with school Halloween parties, soccer games, pumpkin carving, tennis matches, and walking at the lovely park near her home.  Someday we'll make it over those higher trails, but  even the 2.2 loop at Mulberry is an invigorating hike. We took a drive to Lake Hartwell to look at property that Paul and his brother are developing. Gorgeous, very tempting, and I'm thinking about it constantly. My daily walks would have views of the lake and mountains. Rocky Mountain High 24/7!

Henry on the left with his coach. He scored a goal while I was watching.

Grant in the center with glasses

Trick or Treating with the Dalrymples

Hunterette!

No comments:

Post a Comment